On this page you will find contact information for, mixes from, and musical resume relating to DJ and musician Vague, a.k.a. David Duff.
DJ & Musician
Vague: DJ & Musician
I've been mixing and DJing since 1998. I try not to limit myself too much to just one style or two and feel that I am free to do any genre or style I please, and to combine any of them in any way I see fit. I prefer to use vinyl, but I've also learned that using vinyl, CD, and MP3s together greatly increases my versatility. Recently I have begun to explore the areas of music production and recording as well.
Currently I am the DJ for local Spoken Word poet and Hip-Hop artist Pedro el Poeta, as well as working on my own projects. I have DJ'd for "Speak Out!" a weekly open mic hosted by Gemini Lounge as well as "Peotry N Sh!t" open mic and spoken word at The Lobby also in St. Pete, and many other independent events in the Tampa and St. Petersburg area. My DJ duties have included playing my own sets before and after the performances, playing performers on and off the stage, mic checks, equipment setup, and sound engineering.
I've also been part of the sound & production team for Got Jokes? Improv Comedy Troupe, for which I've DJ'd for "The Big Bang Show," a Got Jokes? monthly talent show hosted at Nova535 in St. Petersburg, as well as other Got Jokes? events.
Not only am I a DJ, but I've also been playing the bass guitar for 15 years and I brew my own beer.
- February 24, 2012 - Performed a live 60 minute trance set at WMNF 88.5 fm on "ZenTripZ"; the longest running underground electronica show in the U.S. southeast. WMNF 88.5 Studios, 1210 E Dr Martin L. King Jr. Blvd. Tampa, FL 33603
- December 16, 2011 - Performed a mix of old, new, and unreleased, all-original songs with Pedro el Poeta in order to raise money for a single release party for el Poeta's new Hip-Hop ballad "Drowning". Also featuring that evening: Black Zeppa, Eight Arms to Choke You With, and visual artwork by local artists. Cafe Bohemia, 937 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- December 10, 2011: DJ'd playing my own mixes as well as performing with Pedro el Poeta on the "Xclusive Cutz" parade float again, this time for the 39th Annual Pinellas Park Holiday Parade in Pinellas Park, FL.
- November 11, 2011: Opened with Pedro el Poeta and Fall on Purpose for George Clinton and Parliment Funkadelic. The Venue 2675 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762
- October 15, 2011: Performed in a multi-act hip-hop event booked by Afton Shows. The Orpheum 1915 East 7th Avenue Tampa, FL 33605
- July 2, 2011 - November 19, 2011: DJ every Saturday night from 10pm - 2am playing a mixture of whatever I want. The Bar 711 3rd avenue south St. Petersburg, FL.
- June 25, 2011 - Performed as the very first and very last acts at the 9th Annual St. Pete Pride Street Festival & Promenade. Pinellas Park, Fl.
- April 15, 2011 - September 1, 2011: DJ every Friday from 7pm - 11pm at Buona Vita playing Lounge/Jazz/Downtempo for the early crowd and something a little more lively later! 330 1st street south St. Petersburg, FL.
- April 7, 2011 - May 20, 2011: DJ every 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month the Flamingo Club becomes "HOT PINK!"; a celebration of music featuring the best in Alt and electro pop from the 80's 90's and today, plus special dub-step and drum and bass sets by myself and DJ PaN-DuH (CenaBita). 4601 34th street south St. Petersburg, FL.
- March 18, 2011: DJ for Spoken Word performer and Hip-Hop artist Pedro el Poeta at his "Street Reporter" EP CD release concert at The Studio@620, 620 1st Ave South, Saint Petersburg, FL.
- December 11, 2010: DJ'd playing my own mixes as well as performing with Pedro el Poeta on the "Xclusive Cutz" parade float for the 38th Annual Pinellas Park Holiday Parade in Pinellas Park, FL.
- November 5, 2010: DJ for Spoken Word performer and Hip-Hop artist Pedro el Poeta at his "Street Reporter" EP soft CD release party at Cafe Bohemia, 937 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL.
- September 4, 2009 - December 1, 2009: DJ for "Friday Lounge Night" every Friday night from 9pm to 1am at Gemini Lounge, 2315 Central Ave, St. Petersburg.
- August 26, 2009 - June 15,2010: DJ for "Speak Out!," a weekly open mic hosted by Gemini Lounge, 2315 Central Ave, St. Petersburg. Thursday nights, 9pm - 11pm.
- July 17, 2009: One of many DJs for X-Bash 2009, a 3-day music and arts festival held at The Riverboat Resort, 6901 Caliente Blvd, Land 'O Lakes, FL.
- June 8, 2009 - October 19, 2009: DJ for "The After Dinner Diatribes," a weekly food & beverage industry open mic night hosted by Savannah's Cafe, 1113 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL. Monday nights, 9pm - 2am.
- June 7, 2009 - Current: DJ for "Got Jokes? - The Big Bang Show," a monthly talent show involving cash prizes, culminating in a final competition, $2,500 cash prize and possible national television exposure; the show is currently in it's 3rd season. Hosted by Nova535, 535 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street N, St. Petersburg, FL.
- May 12, 2009: DJ for "The Show", a live art, spoken word and musical experience hosted by PUSH Ultra Lounge, 128 3rd Street S, St. Petersburg, FL.
- April 1, 2009 - July 9, 2009: DJ for "Poetry N' Sh!t" weekly open mic and spoken word hosted by The Lobby, 217 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL.
Vague Music is a lot of things, but basically Vague Music is:
- a way to connect with fans, without whom this is all pointless
- a way to connect with artists who want to collaborate
- a way for potential customers to get information and book for shows and events
I would especially welcome the opportunity to work with artists and performers in the Tamp and St. Petersburg area!
So, don't wait any longer. Freedom Of Sound For All!