First and foremost, thank you for visiting. I'm Vague, and this is Vague Music.
Vague Music is a lot of things, but mainly it's a way for me to connect with fans and other artists. I'm mainly a bassist but I also play some guitar, produce some and record as well. I'm interested in a variety of musical genre, as well as exploring and/or creating new and interesting ones.
Through this website you will be able to learn a little about Vague Music as well as me, Vague. You can also get contact information and links to my Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as other info.
The Vague Music Radio section gives you links to the podcast I'm part of, "Bar Review", and to the Vague Music Radio SHOUTcast station where I just play music I like non-stop. The Vague BBS section is dedicated to my old school bulletin board system (BBS), where you can find classic BBS door games to waste your time on. Enjoy!
So there it is. Hope you enjoy!
Bassist, DJ, Musician, and Man of Mystery
I've been playing the bass guitar since 1996 and DJing since 1998. I try not to limit myself too much to just one or two styles and feel that I am free to do any genre or style I please, and to combine any of them in any way I see fit. Currently I am the bassist for local Hip-Hop artist and Spoken Word poet Pedro el Poeta, with whom I also DJ'd for 5 years and recently I have also started to explore the areas of music production and recording.
As a bassist my influences are Quicksand, Talking Heads, Led Zeppelin, Devo, and Helmet... just to name my top 5. I have a Peavey Foundation fret-less bass with nylon wrapped strings, an Ibanez EXSeries bass with flat-wound strings, a Zoom 303 bass effects pedal, DOD FX50-B Overdrive Plus, DOD FX63 Deep Freeze Bass Stereo Chorus, and I play with or without a pic depending on what the songs needs.
As a DJ I prefer to use vinyl, but I've also learned that using vinyl, CD, and MP3s together greatly increases my versatility.
I've done the mic checks, equipment setup, and sound engineering for all but a very few of my shows these 17 years. I've also been part of the sound & production team for Got Jokes? Improv Comedy Troupe, for which I've DJ'd for "The Big Bang Show," a Got Jokes? monthly talent show hosted at Nova535 in St. Petersburg, as well as other Got Jokes? events.
I also play the regular guitar as well as record, edit, engineer, and co-host the podcast "Bar Review", and brew my own beer.
- May 6, 2017: DJ'd the Trailside Phantoms Record Release Party. Emerald Bar 550 Central Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- March 31, 2017 - April 1, 2017: Performed asd part of Pedro el Poeta at MarchMayhem/AteOneTree Music and Art show along with artists Panamory, PopeJohn, King Complex, Michael Gillian, Dj SuesS, Danielle Lee, Andra James, Zalys Peace, Drop-D, and Michael Christian Waterfield, and Laser Assassins. The Space at 2106 2106 W Main St, Tampa, FL 33607
- February 26, 2017: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta as well as artists Infinite Skillz and Rival at the Homeless Bill Of Rights Hip Hop Benefit Show fund raiser for The Refuge Ministries and their efforts with the Florida Homeless Action Coalition to create a Homeless Bill of Rights. Fubar Downtown 658 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- January 15, 2017: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at the Writers Resist: Toward Freedom and Justice For All event, where over twenty Tampa Bay professors, authors, musicians, and non-profit leaders are gathering under an international movement to support human rights and call for a reinauguration of our shared commitment to democracy and free speech. Mount Zion Progressive Missionary Baptist Church 955 20th St S, St Petersburg, FL 33712
- May 10, 2016: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at a fund raiser for the Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign along with artists Krown, Dave Shepperd and friends, and the Refuge Beat Poets Collective. The Amsterdam 1049 Central Ave, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33705
- March 11, 2016 -Present: Began recording, editing, engineering, and co-hosting the podcast "Bar Review".
- November 27, 2015: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at "Old School Jam In The Courtyard" opening for Tone Lōc and special guest Soopa Groop. The Concert Courtyard at Ferg's 1320 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- September 18, 2015: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at ARTofficial Intelligence: The Fourth Annual St. Pete Robot Exchange along with artists Nerds Raging, The Sharks, and Hussar. NOVA 535 535 Dr Ml King Jr St N, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701
- July 24, 2015: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at a show at R.O.C. Park in Maderia Beach with Fall on Purpose and other artists. R.O.C. Park 300 Municipal Dr, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
- June 24, 2015 - June 28, 2015: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at 3 separate shows over 4 days at the U.S. Social Forum in Philadelphia and spoke as part of a panel on homelessness during the forum. Temple University and other locations, Philadelphia, PA.
- May 8, 2015: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta with Virginia Rose Band, Dead Cat Lounge, Yoshi Gish, and Hussar. The Amsterdam 1049 Central Ave, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33705
- December 20, 2014: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at Naughty or Nice At The Local 662 event. Local 662 662 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- November 11, 2014: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at Murkfest 3 with artists Virginia Rose Band, Mickey Spixx, Five Drexler, Genolexis, Ken Kong, Itzlyrikal & F.E.T.U.S, Trigger City Trio, Da Unknown Poet , OneRuggedSoul , EG Lyrical, Big Willie, Prada Milla, Ju Dollaz, Dark Savvant, Standoff , and Kidd Caution & C - Cypha. Kymatic Studios 2436 Emerson Ave. S. St. Pete, FL 33712
- November 7, 2014: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta along with artists The Real Clash, Synergy in a Cup, and Gatsby. Crowbar 1812 N 17th St, Ybor City, FL 33605
- June 19, 2014: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at the Indie Filmmaker's Relief. Everything Dolce 937 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- April 4, 2014: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at the VIP After Party The 2014 Tampa Bay Regional Talkie Awards. Tampa Pitcher Show 14416 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618
- December 28, 2013: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta at Expose The Burg: an all-day event we organized to support local artists and businesses of all types. Also performing that night: Trenchfoot Shindig, Fall on Purpose, Emily Turnage, and Shadcore. Everything Dolce 937 Central Ave, St Petersburg, FL 33705
- November 9, 2013: Opened for Black Uhuru as part of Trenchfoot Shindig. State Theater 687 Central Ave., Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701
- November 8, 2013: Opened for Redman & Method Man as part of the Pedro el Poeta crew. The Cuban Club 2010 Avenida Republica De Cuba, Ybor City, FL 33605
- June 21, 2013: Performed with Pedro el Poeta at our own show. Local 662 662 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701
- May 10, 2013: Performed with Pedro el Poeta at Tropical Heatwave: 88.5 WMNF's 32nd Annual Extravaganza of Eclectic and Exotic Entertainment.
- March 27, 2013: Performed with Pedro el Poeta at a benefit for Rhymeayer's independent artist P.O.S. where all donations went towards supporting P.O.S.'s medical bills and life saving prescriptions. The Bends 919 1st Ave N, St Petersburg, FL 33705
- March 5, 2013 - August 29, 2013: DJ for The Burg is The Word, a monthly poetry event featuring a different musical and a spoken word artist each month.
- January 19, 2013: Performed with Pedro el Poeta at ARTISTRY IN MOTION: an URBAN ARTS EXPO that included an urban art exhibit, music by Earl Grae, 11 graphic artists and their work, and live Graffiti Battles.
- December 31, 2012: Performed with Pedro el Poeta for a New Years Eve party and benefit show to save the historic downtown St. Petersburg YMCA building. Historic YMCA 116 5th Street South, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701
- December 30, 2012: Performed with Pedro el Poeta for a multi-act show hosted by Operation Coexist, a nonprofit organization working to improve the quality of life through the healing power of music and is dedicated to increasing music therapy services and music programs in the Tampa Bay area. Ruby's Elixir 15 3rd St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- December 8, 2012: Performed with Pedro el Poeta for the Heart for Haiti Foundation benefit to help 50 displaced Haitian orphan girls secure a home.
- December 2, 2012: Performed as part of Pedro el Poeta for the "Sea Bright Rising Benefit" for the relief of the needy and/or displaced and the general recovery of the town of Sea Bright, New Jersey as a result of the devastation created by Hurricane Sandy in the Fall of 2012.
- November 24 ,2012 - November 25, 2012: Performed at "THANKSGIVING MURKFEST" as part of Pedro el Poeta with 9 other Bands and 20+ Hip-Hop, Rap and R&B artists. Gasoline Alley 14042 66th St, Largo, Florida 33771.
- November 16, 2012: Opened For Cypress Hill as part of the Pedro el Poeta crew. The Cuban Club 2010 N Avenida Republica De Cuba, Tampa, Florida 33605.
- November 15, 2012: Performed with Pedro el Poeta at a pre-party before opening the next day for Cypress Hill. Dave's Aqua Lounge 10820 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg, Florida 33710.
- October 16, 2012: Played Alternate Rock, Metal, and Hardcore. Also performing that night : Electric Powered Windmills & Wildcard. The Emerald Bar 550 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701.
- September 29, 2012: Played Ragga Jungle and Dancehall. Also performing: Electric Powered Windmills & Wildcard. The Emerald Bar 550 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701.
- August 31, 2012: Played a mix of music from The Rolling Stones to Pavement to Run DMC and more. The Emerald Bar 550 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701.
- August 30, 2012: Performed at a Blue Moon party with Pedro el Poeta. With special Guest performers Rashad "Shadcore" Harrell, Imani Woomera, and Emily Turnage.ave's Aqua Lounge 10820 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg, Florida 33710.
- June 23, 2012 - Played my own 40 minute set of Ragga Jungle and dnb, then performed a 45 minute set with Pedro el Poeta. Also performing that night: Electric Powered Windmills. Dave's Aqua Lounge 10820 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL. 33710
- February 24, 2012: Performed a live 60 minute trance set at WMNF 88.5 fm on "ZenTripZ"; the longest running underground electronica show in the U.S. southeast. WMNF 88.5 Studios, 1210 E Dr Martin L. King Jr. Blvd. Tampa, FL 33603
- December 16, 2011: Performed a mix of old, new, and unreleased, all-original songs with Pedro el Poeta in order to raise money for a single release party for el Poeta's new Hip-Hop ballad "Drowning". Also featuring that evening: Black Zeppa, Eight Arms to Choke You With, and visual artwork by local artists. Cafe Bohemia, 937 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- December 10, 2011: DJ'd playing my own mixes as well as performing with Pedro el Poeta on the "Xclusive Cutz" parade float again, this time for the 39th Annual Pinellas Park Holiday Parade in Pinellas Park, FL.
- November 11, 2011: Opened with Pedro el Poeta and Fall on Purpose for George Clinton and Parliment Funkadelic. The Venue 2675 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater, FL 33762
- October 15, 2011: Performed in a multi-act hip-hop event booked by Afton Shows. The Orpheum 1915 East 7th Avenue Tampa, FL 33605
- July 2, 2011 - November 19, 2011: DJ every Saturday night from 10pm - 2am playing a mixture of whatever I want. The Bar 711 3rd avenue south St. Petersburg, FL.
- June 25, 2011: Performed as the very first and very last acts at the 9th Annual St. Pete Pride Street Festival & Promenade. Pinellas Park, Fl.
- April 15, 2011 - September 1, 2011: DJ every Friday from 7pm - 11pm at Buona Vita playing Lounge/Jazz/Downtempo for the early crowd and something a little more lively later! 330 1st street south St. Petersburg, FL.
- April 7, 2011 - May 20, 2011: DJ every 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month the Flamingo Club becomes "HOT PINK!"; a celebration of music featuring the best in Alt and electro pop from the 80's 90's and today, plus special dub-step and drum and bass sets by myself and DJ PaN-DuH (CenaBita). 4601 34th street south St. Petersburg, FL.
- March 18, 2011: DJ for Spoken Word performer and Hip-Hop artist Pedro el Poeta at his "Street Reporter" EP CD release concert at The Studio@620, 620 1st Ave South, Saint Petersburg, FL.
- December 11, 2010: DJ'd playing my own mixes as well as performing with Pedro el Poeta on the "Xclusive Cutz" parade float for the 38th Annual Pinellas Park Holiday Parade in Pinellas Park, FL.
- November 5, 2010: DJ for Spoken Word performer and Hip-Hop artist Pedro el Poeta at his "Street Reporter" EP soft CD release party at Cafe Bohemia, 937 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL.
- September 4, 2009 - December 1, 2009: DJ for "Friday Lounge Night" every Friday night from 9pm to 1am at Gemini Lounge, 2315 Central Ave, St. Petersburg.
- August 26, 2009 - June 15,2010: DJ for "Speak Out!," a weekly open mic hosted by Gemini Lounge, 2315 Central Ave, St. Petersburg. Thursday nights, 9pm - 11pm.
- July 17, 2009: One of many DJs for X-Bash 2009, a 3-day music and arts festival held at The Riverboat Resort, 6901 Caliente Blvd, Land 'O Lakes, FL.
- June 8, 2009 - October 19, 2009: DJ for "The After Dinner Diatribes," a weekly food & beverage industry open mic night hosted by Savannah's Cafe, 1113 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL. Monday nights, 9pm - 2am.
- June 7, 2009 - 2010: DJ for "Got Jokes? - The Big Bang Show," a monthly talent show involving cash prizes, culminating in a final competition, $2,500 cash prize and possible national television exposure; the show is currently in it's 3rd season. Hosted by Nova535, 535 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street N, St. Petersburg, FL.
- May 12, 2009: DJ for "The Show", a live art, spoken word and musical experience hosted by PUSH Ultra Lounge, 128 3rd Street S, St. Petersburg, FL.
- April 1, 2009 - July 9, 2009: DJ for "Poetry N' Sh!t" weekly open mic and spoken word hosted by The Lobby, 217 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL.
Vague Music is a lot of things, but basically Vague Music is:
- a way to connect with fans, without whom this is all pointless
- a way to connect with artists who want to collaborate
- a way for potential customers to get information and book for shows and events
I would especially welcome the opportunity to work with artists and performers in the Tamp and St. Petersburg area!
Freedom Of Sound For All!
For more information:
Pedro el Peota y Familia:
Got Jokes? Improv: